About Financial Reform Consultancy
The reform agenda for financial markets is far-reaching. It will have extensive strategic, practical and operational implications for all market participants, whether buy-side, sell-side, infrastructure organisations or service providers.
Regulations covered under MiFID II, EMIR, Dodd-Frank, Basel III and CPSS-IOSCO present a substantial change of paradigm, for which most market users are preparing to re-engineer their business. The market is already anticipating many of these changes, and adapting behaviour prior to the implementation of the regulations. Inevitably there will be winners and losers in this transition.
Financial Reform Consultancy was set up by Roger Barton as an independent advisory firm specialising in the business impact of this financial market reform.
Recent assignments include:
- Assessment of the business impact of regulatory market reform, and setting out roadmaps for priority action
- Compilation of plans for organisations to lobby for changes to draft regulations
- Preparation of business plans for strategic opportunities anticipated from the regulatory changes
- Co-ordination of preparatory work across different departments and locations of an organisation
- Education and training of staff, to prepare for the forthcoming changes